Sunday, November 04, 2012

See & Be Seen


Thanks to the gentle nudge of my friend Liz Gebhardt over the past couple of months, I have just finished a little art project I've been mulling over for a while now. It's a Blurb e-book about some of the art I've collected over the years, with some attempts at explaining what these pieces mean to me. I found it much harder than I'd expected to verbalize the wonderfulness, the depth, the context of meaning I derive. More than once I found myself thinking, "just look at it, for god's sake — the thing says everything it's supposed to say!" Which isn't very effective when you're trying to write. Still, it was fun trying.

So: here it is, my 40-page special, available as a physical book and as a digital e-book for iPad. (You can find it on iTunes, too, but Apple being Apple, corrections aren't possible after you submit it to the store, and I've since fixed a few bits and republished on Blurb.)

Blurb e-book (iPad)
Blurb print book

I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So proud of you! Lots of hard work and a great result.

Unknown said...

Well done Karen! All your hard work is reflected in this book.

Greg said...

Hi Karen, Wow, what a lovely book! Thanks for sending! Best wishes for the new year! Not sure what your email is now...! XO, G